Monday, July 23, 2012

(Advance Payment under 33 and 1607) VA- School Certification Handbook - Military Affairs Office

Keep VA informed of the enrollment status of veterans and other eligible persons. Use basic forms to keep VA informed, such as:
• Enrollment Certification (VA Form 22-1999) to report required enrollment information
• Notice of Change in Student Status (VA Form 22-1999b) to report changes to enrollment information
• May use paper forms or electronic enrollment (VA-ONCE)
• Monitor the subjects pursued by a student to certify to VA only those subjects that apply to the student’s program
outline, a
Additional responsibilities required of a Yellow Ribbon school:
• Certify in accordance with the school’s Yellow Ribbon agreement
• Maintain these additional records
• Track the number of students enrolled under Yellow Ribbon
• Track the annual amount of tuition and fees
• Develop and document a process for the first come-first served enrollment of students into the Yellow Ribbon Program
These are additional activities that schools are encouraged to carry out, but are not required by VA.
• Assist VA students in applying for education benefits
• Maintain copies of appropriate application forms
• When requested, help veterans and dependents fill out and send in applications
• If the student cannot resolve payment problems, assist through VA channels designated for school officials
• Disseminate and/or post information on VA education benefits, programs, and contact points
• Ensure that VA students are fully aware of their responsibilities to the school
• Failure of other offices to provide information on new programs, changes in current programs
• Failure of mail distribution center to forward appropriate mail
curriculum guide or graduation evaluation form, and any other pertinent forms
Apprise supervisors of any internal problems that may affect service to VA students, such as:
Failure of records office to provide information on a student’s grades, grade changes, academic problems
VA-ONCE is VA’s Web-based system for certifying the enrollment and changes in enrollment of VA students. VAONCE is the preferred method of enrollment submission to VA. Access is accomplished through the Internet and is available to all schools approved for veterans’ training. VAONCE functions best with Microsoft Internet Explorer, IE 5.5 SP2 or higher, or Netscape Navigator NV Version 6.02 or higher browsers.
The first step to participate in VA-ONCE is to go to the VA Web site, complete, and print the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), which is accessible through the following link:
Once it has been completed and signed, mail or fax it to your ELR (not to the RPO).
Once we receive your completed MOU, we will activate your school in the system, enter the names of the certifying officials listed on the MOU, and will then provide a logon name and

password to those individuals. The instructions for using VA-ONCE can be located at the GIBILL Website under
Important items to note:
• Be sure to complete all items on the MOU and make sure it is signed by an official of the school who has the authority to execute contracts on behalf of the institution. The MOU only needs to be submitted once
• Be sure that each person listed as a certifying official on the MOU has already been designated as such to our office on VA Form 22-8794, Designation of Certifying Officials, and be sure to show their e-mail addresses. It is important that a new VA form 22-8974 be submitted any time that there is a change in certifying officials. Be sure to include all names as a new VA form 22-8974 supercedes the old one
QUICK REFERENCE FLIP BOOK. If you need further assistance, please contact your ELR.

Active duty for training in the Reserves or National Guard. This includes reservists on full-time duty for training purposes in the Armed Forces; members of the National Guard or Air National Guard of any state, performing full-time training duty under title 32, U.S. Code, sections 316, 502, 503, 504, or 505.
Accrediting Agency

An award letter is sent to a VA student whenever VA awards or changes the student’s education benefit. The award letter is a good source of information for financial aid purposes. Letter issued to an applicant showing approval to pursue a stated program of education at a particular institution, the remaining entitlement of the student, and the ending date of the student's eligibility.

Certifying Official
The person(s) designated to sign enrollment certifications and other documents relating to VA benefits. The designation is made on VA Form 22-8794, Designation of Certifying Official(s).
Certification of Delivery (COD)
A Certification of Delivery (VA Form 22-1999v) is mailed to the school in a separate envelope from the advance payment check. When the advance payment check is given to the student by the school, the COD, which contains preprinted enrollment information, must be completed by the certifying official and immediately returned. Failure to do so will result in the student’s VA education benefits being suspended.
Change of Program
A change of program is a change in a student’s program and curriculum. This includes any change that results in a loss of credit or lengthens the time necessary to complete the student’s program. A change of program is generally charged when there is a loss of 12 credits. A change of program is not charged if a student completes one program and then begins a totally different program.

Change of School
There is no limit or restriction on change of schools for continued pursuit of the same course or program provided the veteran or eligible person is making satisfactory progress and there is no material loss of credit.
Concurrent Enrollment
A student pursuing a degree at a school may take a course at another school because it’s at a more convenient time, it’s less expensive, or whatever. The school that will grant the degree is the student’s primary school. All other schools are secondary schools. If the primary school will accept the secondary school’s course as a transfer credit that applies towards completion of the student’s degree, then both the primary school and the secondary school can certify the student to VA. The student may pursue courses at a secondary school at the same time, concurrent, or at a different time, supplemental.
Confirmed Enrollment
An enrollment certification that is dated, signed, and mailed by the school's certifying official on or after the first day of a certified enrollment period.
As used in this Handbook, "course" means a specific class or subject of instruction (for example, English 110).
DD Form 214
The Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty that is prepared at the time an individual completes a period of active duty in one of the Armed Forces. Former members of the Public Health Service (PHS) and of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) do not receive a DD Form 214, but they do receive comparable documents that
provide necessary information concerning their active duty service. Veterans should be advised to submit Member-4 copy of their DD Form 214 with a claim for VA benefits. A certified copy may also be submitted. A DD 214 can be requested from the National Archives eVetRecs website ( ).
Delimiting Date
The first day after a claimant's period of eligibility expires. Benefits are not payable on or after the delimiting date (See Delimiting Date)
Distance Learning
(see Independent Study)
Drop Period
The brief period at the beginning of a term officially designated for dropping courses without
academic penalty. The school's last day to drop a course will be the end of the drop period, providing it does not exceed 30 days from the first day of the term (See Drops and Withdrawals)
ECAP (Electronic Certification Automated Program)
ECAP is a computer program that processes VA-ONCE submissions. ECAP can set up claim, propose education awards, and process education awards. ECAP will go as far as possible on this continuum. ECAP copies all documents into TIMS (VA’s imaging system).

ELR (Education Liaison Representative)
The individual at a VA Regional Office or Regional Processing Office responsible for education liaison and program approval functions. Among other things, the ELR is responsible for promptly informing schools of changes in policies and procedures.
Enrollment Period
This term means an interval of time during which a veteran or eligible person is enrolled in an educational institution and is pursuing his or her program of education. This term applies to each unit course or subject in the veteran's or eligible person's program of education; that is, quarter, semester, or full school year.
The number of months the student will be eligible for VA education benefits. This is usually expressed in the numbers of months and days the student will be eligible for full-time benefits, or the equivalent in part-time training, but also may be expressed in a dollar amount. Entitlement will vary depending on the education law the individual qualifies under. In no event will entitlement exceed 48 months under any combination of laws (See Entitlement)
Facility Code
The numerical code assigned by VA to an institution specifically identifying it or one of its subdivisions.
File Number
A seven, eight or nine-digit number assigned by VA to identify a claimant's records. The Social Security Number (SSN) is the VA file number for most veterans, as well as dependents using Transfer of Entitlement benefits. If a veteran was assigned an old seven or eight digit file number, the veteran’s SSN will cross reference the seven or eight digit file number. VA assigns a suffix
to the veteran’s file number ("10" or "W", spouse or surviving spouse, "41" or "A", first child to apply, "42" or "B", second child to apply, "43" or "C" third child . . .) to identify the records of an individual eligible for Chapter 35 benefits. A dependent’s SSN will not cross-reference a veteran’s record in BDN. To access a dependent’s record in BDN, the file number of the veteran must be provided. The dependent’s SSN is put in TIMS, but the TIMS record isn’t created until the dependent applies for Chapter 35.
General Educational Development (GED) certificate issued by a state-level department of education. The credentials issued by state-level departments of education are official documents that are acceptable as the equivalent of high school graduation diplomas. In addition, Department of Defense certificates of GED equivalency are acceptable evidence of completion of high school educational requirements.
Independent Study
A course or subject offered without any regularly scheduled, conventional classroom or laboratory sessions. For VA purposes, such courses or subjects must be accredited and lead to a standard college degree and consist of a prescribed program of study with provision for interaction either by mail, telephone, computer/Internet, or personally between the student and the regularly employed faculty of the university or college. A specific approval of these courses by the State Approving Agency is required in order for VA benefits to be authorized.

Audited Course

The term means any credit course that a student attends as a listener only with a prior understanding between school officials and the student that such attendance will not result in credit being granted toward graduation. VA education benefits are not payable for pursuit of such courses (See Audit.

Award Letter

The official written notice from the Department of Veterans Affairs to a student of his or her monthly rate of payment, the inclusive dates of payment, and remaining entitlement at the end of the award period.


The Benefits Delivery Network (BDN) is composed of various components. It is VA's main processing system for all benefit awards and related actions. BDN generates the payment information sent to the Treasury for producing the benefits checks. BDN contains the master record files for veterans and beneficiaries.

Break Pay

Educational assistance benefits may be paid during the intervals between terms at a school or between terms when transferring from one school to another while remaining in the same program. Exceptions apply, as well as certain other restrictions in certain situations. Persons on active duty or training at less than half-time are not entitled to interval payments.

Certificate of Eligibility (COE)

A nationally recognized agency or association which the U.S. Secretary of Education determines to be a reliable authority as to the quality of training offered by an educational institution. The Secretary publishes a list of these agencies and associations which the state approving agencies utilize for establishing that a program of instruction may be approved under the provisions of 38 USC 3675 as an accredited program.

(See Break Pay) Unanticipated and unavoidable events beyond a student's control which are responsible for the student's inability to complete a course or courses or which result in the student's receipt of a non-punitive grade for a course the student did complete. Generally, a student will be required to submit corroborative evidence to substantiate his or her reasons for being unable to complete a course with a creditable grade (See Mitigating Circumstances and 6-Credit Hour Exclusion)
Institution of Higher Learning (IHL)

A college, university, technical or business school offering instruction at the postsecondary level that leads to an associate or higher degree. The institution must be empowered by the appropriate state education authority (under state law) or accredited by a recognized accrediting agency to grant such degrees. This designation also includes hospitals offering medical-dental internships or residencies without regard to whether the hospital grants a postsecondary degree.

Interval Payment


Additional money added to an individual’s education fund by the Department of Defense to encourage enlistment or retention in the Armed Forces. The kicker is added to the individual’s normal education benefit. Kickers are used for Chapters 30 and 1606, and may also be paid under Chapters 33 and 1607.

Matriculated Student

A student who satisfied formal admission requirements and is recognized by the college or university as a degree-seeking student. This does not mean that an undergraduate student must have formally been accepted into a specific major curricular field of study before he or she may be classified as "matriculated" (See Nonmatriculated Students)

Mitigating Circumstances

Accelerated Payment

no-be) by their National Guard or Reserve unit stating they are eligible for the Montgomery GI Bill—Selected Reserve. The primary source VA uses to establish Chapter 1606 eligibility is a Department of Defense (DoD) computer link, the Chapter 1606 DoD Data Record. The NOBE is an alternative or supplemental document for establishing eligibility that’s primarily used to verify eligibility for 120 days after the date it’s issued. If you receive a NOBE from the student filing an original application for Chapter 1606 send VA a copy of the NOBE when you certify the student. A non-punitive grade is a grade that doesn’t count as earned credit and isn’t considered in progress standards for graduation. A withdrawal after the drop period is non-punitive if it isn’t calculated into the student’s GPA or it isn’t considered in academic progress criteria like probation and suspension. Non-punitive grades have the same effect as an audit. If a student withdraws after the drop period or completes the term with non-punitive grades, the non-punitive grades must be reported to VA if they change training time. Examples of non-punitive grades

Members of the Selected Reserve are given a Notice of Basic Eligibility (DD Form 2384, commonly referred to as a NOBE, pronounced

Non-College Degree (NCD)

The designation "NCD" is used to refer to a course or program of education or any other institutional vocational/educational training which does not lead to a standard college degree.

Non-punitive Grade

An accelerated payment is a 60% lump sum payment of tuition and fees for high cost, high technology programs. The payment is in lieu of regular Chapter 30 benefits and is payable only if tuition and fees exceed 200% of what would normally be payable under Chapter 30 for a given enrollment period.

but they are counted as earned credit for graduation requirements. Since these grades count as earned credit towards graduation, they aren’t non-punitive. accelerated terms.
Program of Education
A combination of subjects, unit courses, or training activities pursued at a school or training establishment which is generally accepted as necessary to meet requirements for a predetermined educational, professional, or vocational objective (that is, diploma, degree, certificate, occupation). An "approved program" is a course of study or program of training that the appropriate State Approving Agency has determined meets the legal requirements for payment of VA educational assistance benefits to veterans and other eligible persons
Punitive Grade
A punitive grade is a grade that doesn’t count as earned credit, but is used in determining a student’s progress toward graduation requirements. The common punitive grade is "F." Punitive grades, unlike non-punitive grades, factor into the progress standards (for example, GPA or earned/attempted credit standard).
The term "pursuit" means to work, while enrolled, toward the objective of a program of education. This work must be in accordance with approved institutional policy and regulations, and applicable criteria of title 38, United States Code; must be necessary to reach the program's objective; and must be accomplished through resident courses (including teacher training courses and similar courses which VA considers to be resident training), independent study courses, a graduate program of research in absentia, or medical/dental internships and residencies, nursing courses and other medical/dental specialty courses. VA considers a person who qualifies for payment during an interval between terms or school closing, or who qualifies for payment during a holiday vacation to be in pursuit of a program of education during

are an "X" (no basis for grade), "NP" (no pass), or "U" (unsatisfactory) that doesn’t count as earned credit and isn’t calculated progress standards.
Grades such as P (Pass) or S (Satisfactory) aren’t calculated into a student’s grade point average,

Nonstandard Term

A term that is shorter or longer than a standard quarter or semester. The number of instructor-student contact hours is increased proportionately each week to compensate for the difference in length. VA will compute equivalent undergraduate credits to measure courses pursued during nonstandard terms. Terms of shorter than standard length are referred to as

The final educational, professional, or vocational goal of a veteran, serviceperson, or eligible person (that is, degree, diploma, certificate, occupation). An educational objective is one that leads to the awarding of a diploma, degree, or postdoctoral certificate that reflects educational attainment. Graduate certificate programs generally do not lead to an educational objective. A professional or vocational objective is one that leads to an occupation. It may include educational courses essential to prepare for the chosen occupation.

Primary School (Parent School)

The primary school is the school that will grant the degree a student is pursuing. Generally, the student will be enrolled at the primary school for the majority of the program of education.

Active Duty

These terms refer to noncredit training at the secondary level that is required for entrance to or preparatory to the successful pursuit of a postsecondary educational program. If secondary level training is needed for the student to reach a certain mastery level necessary for pursuit of a postsecondary program of education, the courses must be listed separately on the Enrollment Certification. Upon entrance each student's academic background should be evaluated and, as warranted, a required noncredit program established. These secondary level courses may include, for example, basic English skills, fundamental math, reading, or other special academic assistance necessary for the student to qualify for admission. These courses may also include noncredit secondary level training to overcome a handicap such as in speech and may be offered at a high school, college, or other educational institution. It is the institution’s responsibility to determine if remedial/deficiency courses are necessary.
Reporting Fee
VA pays an annual reporting fee to schools. This fee is intended to help defray the cost of processing VA certifications. The annual reporting fee is based on the number of VA students, including Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation), certified by the school during the calendar year. The fee is $12 ($15 if advance pay request was processed) for each student. The reporting fee is paid as soon as possible after the end of the calendar year.
Selected Reserve
The term means, with respect to the Armed Forces, the Army Reserve, the Naval Reserve, the Marine Corps Reserve, the Air Force Reserve, the Coast Guard Reserve, the Army National Guard of the United States, and the Air National Guard of the United States. The Public Health Service and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration do not have Selected Reserve units.
estored Entitlement Program for Survivors. Certain survivors of deceased veterans who died on active duty, or of service-connected causes incurred or aggravated prior to August 13, 1981, are eligible for benefits. The benefits are similar to the benefits for students and surviving spouses with children between ages 16 and 18 that were eliminated from the Social Security Act. The benefits are payable in addition to any other benefits to which the family may also be entitled. The amount of benefits is based on information from the Social Security Administration.


the interval, school closing, or holiday vacation.

A quarter is a division of the academic year at institutions that operate on a quarter system. Credits are earned and measured in quarter hours. A "standard quarter" is a period of instruction usually 10 to 13 weeks long.

Refresher Training

Refresher training is a course at the elementary or secondary level to review or update material previously covered in a course that has been satisfactorily completed. Under some education programs, the term also means training in a program of education in which the veteran is already qualified, provided that the program pursued is training to permit the veteran to update knowledge and skills and to be instructed in the technological advances which have occurred in the veteran's field of employment during the veteran's period of service. It may be used to update skills learned either during or prior to service but not for skills first acquired after discharge from service. Veterans pursuing "refresher training" are not limited to "refresher courses" at the elementary or secondary level.

Remedial/Deficiency Courses

Active duty is full-time duty in the Armed Forces. This also includes full-time duty performed by commissioned officers of the Public Health Service and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (not including active duty for training).

State Approving Agency (SAA)
An agency appointed by the Chief Executive of a state to approve institutional programs of education and training for payment of benefits under the various laws administered by VA.
Summer Session
A summer session is a division of the summer term designated in a school catalog as a distinct period of instruction. These sessions vary in length, and are often only 3-8 weeks long.
Summer Term
The total instruction offered by a school between the end of the spring term and the beginning of the fall term. A summer term may consist of several summer sessions (See Summer Terms and Nonstandard Enrollment Periods).
TIMS (The Image Management System) is the scanning system used by Muskogee. All education paper work is scanned into TIMS. Paper is scanned manually. Digital files like VA-ONCE Certs are copied directly into TIMS.
Tuition and Fees
The term "tuition and fees" means the total cost for tuition and fees for a course a school charges all students whose circumstances are similar to veterans enrolled in the same course. "Tuition and fees" does
not include the cost of supplies or books that the student is required to purchase at his or her own expense.
Internet based application used to submit enrollment certifications and notices of change in student status. Information about VA-ONCE is available at
WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment)
WAVE is an Internet program used by Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 students to verify their enrollment. Verification is required monthly. Students can also use WAVE to change their address and direct deposit information.
WEAMS (Web Enabled Approval Management System) is the central application VA uses to store school, organization, and program approval information. Education Liaison Representatives (ELRs) and VACO personnel enter the approval information. VA personnel use the approval information to verify schools and programs are approved.


A semester is a division of the academic year at institutions that operate on a semester system. Credits are earned and measured in semester hours. A "standard semester" is a period of instruction usually 15 to 19 weeks long.

Standard College Degree

The term means an associate or higher degree awarded by an institution of higher learning that is accredited as a collegiate institution by a recognized regional or national accrediting agency or an institution of higher learning that is a "candidate" for accreditation, or an institution which is accredited by an agency recognized to accredit specialized degree-level programs.

Active Duty for Training (ACDUTRA)

The monetary allowance which may be payable to students for the first (fractional or full) and second full month of enrollment. Advance payment must be requested by students and is mailed to schools before the beginning of classes for release to students who have completed registration.
Already Qualified
A student is considered "already qualified" if he or she has previously completed a program at the same level and in the same field of study for which application is now being made. This will not preclude the pursuit of a program leading to a degree at the same level with a different major or in an entirely different field. It also does not preclude the pursuit of subjects that may be necessary to qualify for admission into a program leading to a higher degree or to qualify for a vocational or professional objective. A person will be considered already qualified if he or she was previously employed in a job for which the course now being requested is designed to qualify the individual who completes it. For example, if the applicant is employed in sales, he or she is already qualified and not eligible for enrollment in a general sales course. VA benefits are not payable for pursuit of any program for which the student is already qualified. This includes courses required for relicensing or a continuation of licensing in a professional field.
Assignment of Benefits
Any arrangement by a school that denies the student the opportunity to control the proceeds of a check is prohibited. Section 5301(a) of title 38, U.S. Code, provides that payments of benefits due under the laws administered by VA shall not be assigned except as specifically authorized by law. There are no laws that authorize assignment of VA educational checks, either directly or indirectly.

Advance Payment
• Failure of instructors to provide information on attendance/attendance problems


VA students can submit applications online If students don’t have access to apply online they can call 1-888-442-4551 and ask that an application be mailed to them.
All VA students must file an application when they first start school. Students who haven’t received VA benefits before must file an original application (veterans VA Form 22-1990; dependents VA Form 22-5490; ToE students VA-Form 22-1990e). Students who have received VA benefits before must file a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (veterans and ToE students VA Form 22-1995; dependents VA Form 22-5495). Students applying for CH 33 in lieu of (or relinquishing) another benefit should complete a VA Form 22-1990.
Change of Address and Direct Deposit
Address and direct deposit information must be kept current. Chapter 30,1606, & 1607 students can use the WAVE system to update address and financial institution information. Links to do so are on the "Main Menu" available after you log onto WAVE.

If a student wants to start (Chapter 30, 33, 1606, and 1607) or change a direct deposit, the student should have his or her account information handy. The following information is needed to set up direct deposit and can be found on checks and bank statements:
• Account number

Students receiving Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 must verify their enrollment monthly by Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by Interactive Voice Response (IVR). The monthly verification of enrollment has not been added for Chapter 33 and Chapter 35, with one exception. Chapter 35 NCD students are mailed a monthly verification form (VA Form 22-8979).
The preferred verification method is WAVE, which includes features not in IVR. When students are awarded benefits, the award letter they receive describes WAVE and IVR. The earliest students can verify their enrollment is the last calendar day of each month.
WAVE allows students to verify their enrollment on the Internet. WAVE is on the Education Service website at
Students must be currently enrolled in an approved educational program and must have a current benefit award to use WAVE. The WAVE system permits students to perform a multitude of functions. For instance, students may:
• Verify that enrollment has not changed
• Report a change in enrollment
• Change mailing address
• Initiate or change direct deposit information
• View the enrollment period and monthly benefit amount
• View the remaining entitlement
IVR allows students to "phone in" (1-877-823-2378) their monthly verification if there are no changes to the enrollment during the previous month. If there were changes in the enrollment, the student must contact the VA Certifying Official to submit a change in status and the payment may be delayed until the reduction is processed.
Sign up for a monthly e-mail reminder 17

The following information provides the basic responsibilities of an educational institution and VA Certifying Official. Each school will designate at least one VA Certifying Official to carry out reporting requirements. The designation will be made on VA Form 22-8794, Designation of School Certifying Official. It is important that a new VA Form 22-8794 be submitted any time there is a change in certifying officials. Each 8794 submitted must include all names, since the new form supersedes the old one. The form may be obtained from your ELR.
• 9 digit bank routing number
• Type of account (checking or savings)
If a student has direct deposit the student still needs to keep his or her address current because all other correspondence including award letters are mailed to the student's address.
All other students can call 1-877-838-2778 to begin and change direct deposit.


Chapter 30, 32, 33, 35, 1606, 1607
VA can reimburse the cost of approved licensing and certification tests. Students are reimbursed the cost of the test, not to exceed the approved cost of the test or $2,000. Benefits can be paid for tests that are not passed, for tests retaken if not passed, and for tests required to be recertified or to renew a license.
Students must be eligible for benefits to receive test reimbursement. They must have remaining entitlement and their delimiting date must not have passed. Entitlement is prorated based on the amount reimbursed. If a student’s full-time benefit is $1000 per month and the student is reimbursed $500 for a test, then the student’s remaining entitlement will be reduced by ½ month.
Information about test fee reimbursement can be found on our website at The page includes a Search for Tests link where you can find all approved licensing and certification tests.
VA students can apply for test fee reimbursement by completing and submitting an Application for Reimbursement of Licensing or Certification Test Fees available at
Attach a copy of their test results to the application. If test results are not available they can attach a copy of their license or certification and a payment receipt. Test fee reimbursement can be paid for each test for which reimbursement is claimed and these documents are submitted.
Chapters 30, 32, 33, 35, 1606, 1607
VA students can be reimbursed the fee charged for national admission tests and national tests for college credit. Currently the only approved tests are:
• SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test)
• LSAT (Law School Admission Test)
• GRE (Graduate Record Exam)
• GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
• AP (Advanced Placement Exam)
• CLEP (College-Level Examination Program)
• ACT (American College Testing Program)
• DAT (Dental Admissions Test)
• MAT (Miller Analogies Test)
• MCAT (Medical College Admissions Test)
• OAT (Optometry Admissions Testing)
• PCAT (Pharmacy College Admissions Test)
• TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
• DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests)

Responsibilities for Reporting
• Monitor student’s grades to ensure s/he is making satisfactory progress; report when a student was terminated due to unsatisfactory progress
• Monitor student’s conduct and report when student is suspended or dismissed for unsatisfactory conduct
Keep up-to-date on current VA rules and benefits
• Provide e-mail address to VA Education Liaison Representative (ELR)
• Read and maintain VA bulletins provided by your ELR
• Attend VA training opportunities
Enroll in VA on-line training at:
Maintain records of VA students and make all records available for inspection:
• Retain file of VA papers submitted & records of academic progress, program pursuit, etc.
• Maintain records for at least three years following the student’s last date of attendance
• Ensure that records are kept in a safe place and that the privacy of VA students is protected
A school’s file for a VA student should contain:
• Copies of all VA paperwork
• The school’s transcript, grade reports, drop slips, registration slips (for those courses dropped during drop/add), tuition and fee charges, transcripts from previous schools with evaluations of same, student’s school application, records of disciplinary action, program


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home